Minimise the chance of someone knowing you have visited this website.
- Use the ‘Exit Site’ button in the top right corner of this website to quickly hide the page – it will direct you to the Google homepage. You will still need to delete your browsing history fully to cover your tracks
- Use the internet somewhere other than at home; at a local library, a friend’s house, or at work, if possible.
- Use a password on your computer and phone, and don’t disclose it to anyone.
- Use “Private Browsing” or “Incognito” windows to view information online that you do not wish to have stored on your internet history (online services can still see your history but it won’t leave traces of your activity on your computer – history, web cache)
Internet Explorer: Click the Safety button — select Tools — select ‘InPrivate Browsing’
Firefox: Click the Menu button with three horizontal lines — select ‘New Private Window’
Microsoft Edge: Click the three dots in the top right of the page — select ‘New InPrivate window’
Chrome: Click the Menu button with three horizontal lines — select ‘New Incognito Window’
Safari: Click the File button — select ‘New Private Window’
- Delete your browsing history – go to the ‘history’ section of your browsing page, find any entries that say www.oasisdaservice.org.uk, right-click on this and choose Delete.
- Install free antispy software for your computer: Windows | Apple
- Always log out
- Remove mobile spyware from your phone and disable geolocation tracking and geotagging (and on any social media platforms you use)