Charity Shop - Donations Collector
Department: Charity Shop
Hours of Role: Various hours and days available to suit between Tues-Sat, 9.30 am- 4.00pm (Sundays during the summer)
Reporting to: Charity Shop Manager
This role would appeal to someone who enjoys driving, physical activity and meeting new people.
Our charity shop is one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support people affected by domestic abuse. So by volunteering with us, you're not just helping us to turn a profit - you're helping to improve the lives of the people we support. Working as part of a team under the supervision of the shop manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in various tasks and responsibilities. Oasis will pay a mileage allowance to volunteers who drive on our behalf.
- To collect donations of clothing, household items and toiletries donated by supporters in the community in a professional and polite manner
- To deliver donations to the shop premises for sorting
- To keep accurate records of the names of donors, sites, collection dates and items collected
- Be mindful and respectful of Oasis and our supporters
Personal Skills and Qualities Desirable
- Car owner is essential for this role, with a clean driving licence
- Be enthusiastic and approachable
- Organised and methodical recording of data
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Respect the confidentiality of donors and the organisation
- Have an empathy with victims of domestic abuse and be willing to undertake some training to explain the issues Oasis deals with
- Be able to stay calm in a stressful environment and to seek help appropriately
- Be prepared to accept supervision
- Be able to commit yourself to regular voluntary work
- Be reliable and consistent
Full training will be given in all areas of the Oasis charity shop volunteer role.
As an Oasis volunteer you should ensure that you adhere to all policies and procedures and support their implementation, acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, men, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
Volunteers are at all times expected to protect the safety and security of Oasis, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information.
Oasis volunteers may be subject to Enhanced DBS check.
To register fill out the volunteer application form.