Oasis holds a number of fundraising events throughout the year and this is only made possible with the help of volunteers. Tasks within the Fundraising team can be wide and varied
Oasis holds a number of fundraising events throughout the year and this is only made possible with the help of volunteers. Tasks within the Fundraising team can be wide and varied and can include one or all of the following typical examples:
- To help at stalls at community events, sell merchandise and offer information about Oasis to the public.
- To assist at bucket collections and bag packing events.
- To attend community events and talk to individuals and groups about fundraising.
- To notify staff in good time if you are unable to attend an arranged event.
- To attend training sessions as required.
- To always respect confidentiality and professionalism.
Personal Skills and Qualities Required
- Car owner/driver is desirable for this role, with a clean driving licence
- Sales and customer care techniques
- Organised and methodical recording of data
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Good understanding of confidentiality issues
- Good awareness of abuse issues and sympathy to the issues Oasis deals with
- Ability to stay calm in a stressful environment and to seek help appropriately
- Be prepared to accept supervision
- Be able to commit yourself to regular voluntary work
- Be reliable and consistent
As an Oasis volunteer you should ensure that you adhere to all policies and procedures and support their implementation, acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, men, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
Volunteers are at all times expected to protect the safety and security of Oasis, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information.
Oasis volunteers may be subject to Enhanced DBS check.
To register, fill out the volunteer application form.