Charity Shop - Sales Assistant
Department: Charity Shop
Hours of Role: Various hours and days available to suit between Tues-Sat, 9.30 am- 4.00pm (Sundays during the summer)
Reporting to: Charity Shop Manager
Our charity shop is one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support people affected by domestic abuse. So by volunteering with us, you're not just helping us, you're helping to improve the lives of the people we support. Working as part of a team under the supervision of the shop manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in various tasks and responsibilities.
- Provide a positive customer service experience to all customers.
- Help to sort donations - unpacking, steaming, hanging, pricing and merchandising.
- Serve and assist customers in the shop and at the till point and fitting rooms.
- To keep accurate records of sales, processing cash and card payments.
- Light housekeeping duties will be involved such as hoovering, dusting and light cleaning.
- Be mindful and respectful of Oasis and our supporters.
Personal Skills and Qualities Desirable
- Sales and customer care techniques
- Be enthusiastic and approachable
- Organised and methodical recording of data
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Respect the confidentiality of donors and the organisation
- Have an empathy with victims of domestic abuse and be willing to undertake some training to explain the issues Oasis deals with
- Be able to stay calm in a stressful environment and to seek help appropriately
- Be prepared to accept supervision
- Be able to commit yourself to regular voluntary work
- Be reliable and consistent
Full training will be given in all areas of the Oasis charity shop volunteer role.
As an Oasis volunteer you should ensure that you adhere to all policies and procedures and support their implementation, acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, men, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
Volunteers expected to protect the safety and security of Oasis, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information.
Oasis volunteers can be subject to Enhanced DBS check.
To register fill out the volunteer application form.